Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thinking of Zim


Above is a picture I took on a country road in Zimbabwe. I've been thinking about Zim often lately. It's been pretty busy so I haven't posted recently and I am preparing to preach in our main service this upcoming Sunday, on Psalm 2. As I think through that wonderful Millennial Kingdom Psalm (guess you know my eschatological persuasion), I am reminded of the national, economic and spiritual instability of so many nations. People really do plot in vain and rebel against the Messiah thinking that Biblical standards are shackles and ropes that tie the hands. They think they can plan a sucessful coup but the One who is enthroned in heaven laughs mockingly at their feeble attempts. Yet the scary thing is that the King of Kings will rule with a rod of iron and will shatter them like clay pottery. The same "rod of iron" that is described in Psalm 2:9 is described in Revelation 19:15 when Christ returns. If you are rightly related to Christ, i.e. saving faith, then you can take shelter in him (Ps 2:9). If you do not have a relationship with Christ, then it truly is a scary thing to fall into the hands of an Angry God (2:12). One day every king shall bow to the King of Kings. One day every nation will be ruled by the Righteous King. One day all peoples everywhere will confess that He is King. No more terrorism, no more economic woes, no more genocide, no more tyranny. I look forward to the "Return of the King" who will be King over Zim and every other nation.

No comments: